Para Español use el Google Translate.
Use Google Translate for multiple languages.
Priorities do not guarantee an offer, because the number of students registering far exceeds the number of open seats. All priorities are subject to verification. Design Tech High School reserves the right to rescind offers of enrollment if the information provided on the application is not accurate.
Here is a list of the lottery priorities for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Children who reside within the boundaries of the San Mateo Union High School District receive a 10:1 preference.
- Children who reside within the boundaries of the Sequoia Union High School District receive an 8:1 preference.
- Children eligible to receive free or reduced price meals (FRPM), who reside within the boundaries of San Mateo Union High School District, receive a 16:1 preference.
- Children eligible to receive FRPM, who reside within the boundaries of Sequoia Union High School District, receive a 14:1 preference.
- Children who reside in other California school districts receive a 1:1 lottery weighting.
- Children eligible to receive FRPM, who reside in other California school districts, shall be given a 6:1 preference.
- Siblings of current d.tech students, children of d.tech founders, and d.tech employees are guaranteed offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does my student have an advantage if I submit the application earlier than others?
No. The time you submit your application between January and the deadline at the end of February has no influence on the outcome of the lottery.
Q: Is there any way a family can use personal connections to increase their chances of being offered a spot?
No. Enrollment is run strictly by lottery in accordance with the legal requirements of d.tech's charter and authorizing body: the San Mateo Union High School District.
Q: If my son or daughter is an excellent student, does he/she have a better chance of being accepted?
No. Whereas private schools make make offers of acceptance based on student profiles, student enrollment at d.tech is based solely on a public lottery.
Q: If my family receives an offer to enroll in the lottery, can we defer acceptance?
No. Offers of enrollment can not be deferred and must be accepted or declined by the stated deadline.
Q: If my family declines an offer, and later reconsiders, is the offer still available?
No. Once declined, the application is withdrawn and the spot is offered to the next student on the waitlist.
Q. If my student is on the waitlist, does it roll over from one year to the next?
No. The waitlist applies for one year only. After that, the student needs to reapply to enter the next lottery for a new grade.
Q. If my child enrolls in d.tech, do they have to reapply each year and go through the lottery each year?
No. Once your student is enrolled, they do not need to reapply each year.
Recision of Offers
- Applications must be completed accurately and honestly, with verification required upon enrollment, or the offer is rescinded.
- After accepting an offer from d.tech, families must disenroll immediately from their other school option. Families who are discovered to be double-enrolled in d.tech and another school past the enrollment deadline will be disenrolled from Design Tech High School, and their spot offered to the next student on the waitlist.
If your questions have not been answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.