How to Apply - Application to enter lottery available Jan. 2 - Feb 28
1. Click on: https://dtechhs.schoolmint.net/signup and create an account. Save log-in information!
2. Click 'Save' periodically, and 'Submit' when completed.
3. You should receive a confirmation email for your 2017-2018 application within a couple of hours.
4. With the exception of students already enrolled in San Mateo or Sequoia Union High Schools, if you are applying for 9th grade, and live in these districts, you must register at your district office, and complete the address verification process to receive priority weighting in the Design Tech High School lottery. We recommend doing this no later than February 15, 2017.
5. New! Families in the Sequoia and San Mateo UHSDs are responsible for completing the address verification and registration with the District, but do not have to provide copies of the registration to the d.tech enrollment office. Design Tech High School and the Districts have set up an internal method to verify which applicants have completed the process.
Scroll down for helpful links to their websites. [Families living outside these districts do not have this requirement, but will be asked to prove CA residency when accepting an offer to enroll.]
- Local public school districts do not administer Design Tech High School's enrollment, or lottery. If you have questions about applying to d.tech, you must contact email@example.com or call 650-231-2703.
- You can apply to both your local public high school and Design Tech High School. The applications are separate, and the outcome is not related.
- Paper applications will be placed at the San Mateo/Sequoia District Offices in English and Spanish, and will be available at 1800 Rollins Road, Burlingame, CA 94010 by mid-January.
- All applying families must complete a d.tech application, including siblings.
- If your son/daughter has been on the waitlist for the 2016-17 school year, and would still like to enroll, you must submit a new application for the 2017-2018 school year to participate in this year's lottery.
- The last day to apply to enter the lottery is February 28, 2017.
- Applications are time-stamped automatically. All those received before the deadline will enter the lottery on March 2. Those received after the February 28 deadline are not entered in the lottery, but join the end of the waitlist in the order received.
- The lottery takes place March 2, 2017 between 5 - 6:30 pm at d.tech. Attendance is optional. Families are notified electronically via text or email according to the preference they established in the application.
- The decision deadline is March 20, 2017 at 5 pm.
- The New Family Orientation/Course Placement Morning is on Saturday, April 22 (times tbc)
Attendance is required.
Click the links below for additional help:
SAN MATEO UHSD LINKS
Important message from SMUHSD regarding Priority One Enrollment
San Mateo Union High School District (SMUHSD) Registration Information
Click here for map to SMUHSD Temporary Office Location
Click here for instructions in English Spanish
Have you recently moved to the area and are not sure which district you're in? Click here.