d.tech High School
- Free California public charter high school founded in 2014
- Values: trust, compassion, personalization
- Signature programs: Design Thinking, Intersessions & DRG
- Competency-based Learning.
- Enrolling approx. 140 freshmen in 2017
- Accepting applications to grades 9 - 11
- Enrollment capped at 550 students
- Current location - Burlingame, CA
- Future location - Redwood Shores, CA (Jan 2018)
- Strong Advisory Program 1:16
- Faculty/student ratios 1:1/1:35 depending on activity
- 2 College/Academic Counselors & College Programs
- A-G UC ratified academics w. personalization
- Methods are socratic/small groups/individual study
- 2016 Sample weekly schedule
- Individualized Lab Day schedule (Tues/Thurs)
- CE Credits offered on campus in ASL, Spanish, Chinese
- Additional languages through Middlebury Interactive
- Peer mentoring/support program
- 1:1 chrome books w. Buzz Online Learning Management
- Junior Varsity and Varsity Sports - Sports Calendar
- Approx. 30 student-run clubs from Hip Hop to First Robotics, Jazz and Rock bands, LGBT, Art, Mosaic, Leadership...
- Parties/Spirit Days- Halloween, themed Winter Formal
- Optional LunchMaster lunches.
- 50% arrive by train to Millbrae. Others bike, walk, carpool
- 2018 - Shuttle from Belmont CalTrain to Oracle Parkway
Year 3 Demographics
- Students arrive from 31 different cities in the Bay Area.
- They represent great diversity of experience in public/charter/home/parochial & independent schools
- Racial/ethnic Identification
- San Mateo/Sequoia HSD residents eligible for lottery priority
- All current California residents are eligible to apply
- d.tech is a free public charter high school that values diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, physical ability, family structure and religion.