Para Español use el Google Translate.
Use Google Translate for multiple languages.
Click on bold text for additional details.
d.tech High School
- Free California public charter high school founded in 2014
- Values: trust, compassion, personalization
- Signature programs: Design Thinking, Intersessions & DRG
- Competency-based Learning.
- Enrolling approx. 150 freshmen in 2018
- Accepting applications to grades 9 - 11
- Enrollment capped at 550 students
- Current location - Burlingame, CA
- Future location - Redwood Shores, CA (Jan 2018)
- Strong Advisory Program 1:16
- Faculty/student ratios 1:1/1:35 depending on activity
- 2 College/Academic Counselors & College Programs
- A-G UC ratified academics w. personalization
- Methods are socratic/small groups/individual study
- 2016 Sample weekly schedule
- Individualized Lab Day schedule (Tues/Thurs)
- CE Credits offered on campus in Spanish.
- 1:1 chrome books + PowerSchool LMS
- Junior Varsity and Varsity Sports - Sports Calendar
- Approx. 30 student-run clubs from Hip Hop to First Robotics, Jazz and Rock bands, LGBT, Art, Mosaic, Leadership...
- Parties/Spirit Days- Halloween, themed Winter Formal
- Optional LunchMaster lunches.
- 50% arrive by train to Millbrae. Others bike, walk, carpool
- 2018 - Shuttle runs Belmont/San Carlos CalTrain to Oracle Parkway
Year 3 Demographics
- Students arrive from over 30 cities in the Bay Area.
- Prior schools represent public/charter/home/parochial & independent schools
- Racial/ethnic Identification
- San Mateo/Sequoia HSD residents eligible for lottery priority. Non-district students have also been offered spots in the lottery.
- All current California residents are eligible to apply
- d.tech is a free public charter high school that values diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, physical ability, family structure and religion.