d.tech is no longer accepting Registrations for the March 2, 2018 lottery. The deadline was midnight on February 28. Any registration not complete and not submitted by the deadline - regardless of the reason - do not enter the lottery.
Questions about numbers, and probability of coming off the waitlist:
Open Seats Registrations for the Lottery
Grade 9: 150 797
Grade 10: 0 101
Grade 11: 0 40
- Most families who receive offers are are considering 2 - 3 different schools.
- Family decisions include factors such as commute time, sibling placement, cost of living in the bay area, and many other variables. The enrollment office is not able to predict the probability of coming off the waitlist.
- Seats can open over the course of the next five months.
- The waitlist is maintained for one year after the lottery. Waitlists do not rollover from year to year.
- The decision deadline is coordinated to the best of d.tech's ability with other schools in our area to help families make decisions. Families receiving an offer from a school prior to d.tech's lottery should give that offer full consideration: the outcome of the d.tech lottery is unpredictable even for those with priority district weightings.
- Registering for the lottery does not constitute enrollment. Enrollment occurs after a family has been offered a spot and decides to accept and complete the enrollment process.
- If you decide to accept an offer to enroll, you must inform your alternate choice school that you are withdrawing as one part of completing the d.tech enrollment process. You can not remain enrolled at the other school. If d.tech discovers that a family who accepted an offer is also enrolled at an alternate school, the d.tech enrollment will be rescinded to enable the student to honor their commitment to the other school. If you need clarification on this, please email email@example.com
- Nearly all enrollment is finalized within the first two weeks after the lottery. Attrition can also occur in the summer or early fall, which may result in offers being issued past the March 16 decision deadline.
- View details about lottery priorities here.
If you have questions, please read entries on the enrollment tab thoroughly before emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . This helps our staff manage emails more effectively.