d.tech is accepting Registrations for the March 2, 2018 lottery until midnight on February 28 for grades 9 - 11.
Students must be current California residents to register.
Scroll down to read all information on this page carefully and to access the registration links.
REGISTER FOR THE LOTTERY
When you click on the Lottery Registration link below, you will be prompted to either set up an account, or log in using your PowerSchool account information if you have previously used PowerSchool.
Families who live in the San Mateo UHS or Sequoia UHS districts must complete address verification at the relevant district office before February 28, or the student will not receive priority in the lottery. Both districts have instructions on their websites. d.tech collaborates with the districts to ensure that this has been completed.
To support families who do not have internet access: Click here to download a paper copy, which should be mailed to Design Tech High School, 275 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065. Bi-lingual paper registration forms are available at the San Mateo and Sequoia Union High School District Offices.
- The waitlist is maintained for one year after the lottery. Waitlists do not rollover from year to year.
- The decision deadline is coordinated to the best of d.tech's ability with other schools in our area to help families make decisions. Families receiving an offer from a school prior to d.tech's lottery should give that offer full consideration: the outcome of the d.tech lottery is unpredictable even for those with priority district weightings.
- Registering for the lottery does not constitute enrollment. Enrollment occurs after a family has been offered a spot and decides to accept and complete the enrollment process.
- If you decide to accept an offer to enroll, you must inform your alternate choice school that you are withdrawing as one part of completing the d.tech enrollment process. You can not remain enrolled at the other school. If d.tech discovers that a family who accepted an offer is also enrolled at an alternate school, the d.tech enrollment will be rescinded to enable the student to honor their commitment to the other school. If you need clarification on this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nearly all enrollment is finalized within the first two weeks after the lottery. Attrition can also occur in the summer or early fall, which may result in offers being issued past the March 16 decision deadline.
- View details about lottery priorities here.
If you have questions, please read entries on the enrollment tab thoroughly before emailing email@example.com . This helps our staff manage emails more effectively.
Although d.tech receives many registrations for the lottery, be encouraged that nearly all families are considering 2 - 3 different high schools. Students on the waitlist continue to be valued prospective students.