All families who are residents of California are welcome to register for the lottery for enrollment in 2018-2019. It is not necessary to attend an Open House.
Please note that the availability of campus visits prior to the lottery is also limited because d.tech is a relative small high school. All students who receive an offer in the lottery will be invited for a campus visit and their parents will be offered a tour.
Once a student is enrolled in d.tech, he/she is enrolled for all four years unless they are unenrolled. Enrolled students do not need to apply each year. Only students on the waitlist need to reregister for the lottery each year for an opportunity to attend the school.
d.tech is a free public charter high school that values diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic level, sexual orientation, physical ability, family structure and religion.
- Registration for the lottery will be posted online here on Wednesday, January 3rd to Wednesday, February 28. A paper registration will also be available at the San Mateo/Sequoia Union High School districts in January, and at the d.tech front office at 275 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, CA 94065.
- Families who live in the San Mateo or Sequoia Union High School districts, including the siblings of current d.tech students, must complete address verification at the district office prior to mid-February.
- Families who live outside those districts will be asked to provide 3 proofs of California residency if an offer is accepted.
- When the number of registrations exceeds the number of spots available, a lottery is run during the first week of March.
- Sibling applicants applying to the same, or different grades in the same enrollment season, have a lottery priority such that if one receives an offer, the second one then moves to the top of the waitlist.
- A waitlist is held for one year after the lottery, and families are contacted if a spot comes open.
- It is typical that final enrollment is concluded within the first two weeks of d.tech's new school year.
- The decision deadline for d.tech is no later than two weeks after the deadline. The deadline is coordinated to the best of d.tech's ability with other schools in our area to help families make decisions. Families receiving an offer from a school prior to d.tech's lottery should give that offer serious consideration given the outcome of the lottery is not predictable, even for those with priority district weightings.
- If a family decides to transfer to d.tech, they must inform their current school and district immediately.
DOUBLE-ENROLLMENT RESULTS IN d.TECH ENROLLMENT BEING RESCINDED
Families must not double-enroll in d.tech and another school in order to prolong their decision window. It is unfair to other families on waitlists, and to both schools who are organizing classes and advisory groups.
If d.tech discovers that a family who accepted an offer is double-enrolled at another high school, the d.tech enrollment will be rescinded to enable the student to honor their commitment to the other school.
If you have questions, please read entries on the enrollment tab thoroughly before emailing email@example.com . This helps our staff manage emails more effectively.
All California residents are welcome to register for the lottery. Although d.tech receives many registrations, please be encouraged that nearly all families are considering 2 - 3 different high schools, programs, commute time, and sibling schedules among many other factors. This means that families will exercise a choice at decision time, and not all families accept offers.
Families on the waitlist continue to be valued prospective students.