Para Español use el Google Translate enlace en la parte inferior izquierda de esta página.
Use the Google Translate link on the bottom left of this page for multiple languages.
With a focus on developing collaborative and cross-disciplinary thinking, the d.tech curriculum is designed to engage students in finding and developing their passions. d.tech's academic course is A-G ratified by the University of California, and students follow a learning cycle in which they must demonstrate mastery before moving onto the next topic.
d.tech students will:
- Work on local and global challenges
- Research real problems and build concrete solutions
- Benefit from flexible scheduling and personalized learning and goals
- Learn through online curriculum and technology resources
- Receive continuous feedback about progress and development
- Engage in Intersessions taught by industry professionals
- Be prepared to create the future
We use Buzz and Google Apps for Education as tools to organize many of our classes, share high quality content, and track each student's progress.
Students have personal Chromebooks instead of textbooks, and the Chromebook online learning management system allows teachers to regularly review data on their performance. This in turn allows teachers to coach students and personalize weekly schedules depending on the degree of challenge presented.
Teachers closely monitor progress and assessment results and determine when to intervene with a tutoring session, a small-group lesson, a lecture, or additional material.
The school’s curriculum is built on the principles of “knowledge in action” and “extreme personalization”, using a design-thinking approach similar to that taught at Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school). The model incorporates incorporates deep content knowledge and project-based curriculum in a mastery-based, blended learning environment.
- Knowledge in Action: design thinking is a process that provides a problem-solving strategy for students to use throughout their lives. This enables them to be remain mentally agile and make positive contributions to a constantly evolving world.
- Extreme Personalization: Each Design Tech student undertakes the A-G curriculum, which can be personalized to varying degrees to his/her needs, abilities, and interests. This is done thought a choice of projects and flexible grouping within the classroom. All students need to develop their understanding of the academic material, and demonstrate mastery of concepts through real-world applications before moving on.